- This course has passed.
Job Fair | 10/1/2022
Sat October 1 @ 11:45 am - 1:00 pm
ZOOM VIRTUAL JOB FAIR
Register Below for Link
Class A Job Fair – License Not Required
Thanks for considering P&S Transportation, America’s 3rd largest flatbed carrier, as your trucking employer. I appreciate your consideration and I realize you have numerous employment offers to consider. No carrier can be right for everyone, but if regional flatbed work is appealing to you, P&S could be the right option for you.
Training (6 weeks for students) (2-3 weeks for Flatbed 101) Experienced flatbedders (2-3 days)
- $120 per day with a $600 per week maximum
- Travel pay of .40 cents per mile, to & from training/orientation in our Carlisle, PA or Savannah, GA, facility/$300 maximum……we also can pay to rent a car or buy you a plane ticket, for you to get to and from training.
- $15 per day meal reimbursement, while in Savannah or Carlisle/$75 weekly maximum
- If you wish to go home before training is complete, you must pay yourself.
- Private hotel room during training/orientation, plus free continental breakfast.
- Most hotels we utilize have gyms and indoor pools.
- Class size of 10-15 drivers per training/orientation session
- No waiting for a trainer
- All drivers are pre-hired. Backgrounds are checked prior to your hiring, and you must pass a DOT physical, agility test, drug-screen, criminal check, etc, prior to being hired.
- There is a minimum payment of $900 per week, during your first 12-weeks running solo, if you are available for work for all five weekdays of the week, and you are a student.
- Orientation usually starts on the first Monday of each month, except for holidays
Most tractors are stand-up Freightliner sleepers with 70” berths
- All tractors have automatic transmissions
- Bunk heaters & automatic tire-inflators
- Cruise control is set to 65 mph maximum
- All new tractors have built-in inverters.
- Bestpass transponders are in all tractors
- All tractors are four years old, or less and are assigned to the driver
- CD-players, cameras and collision-avoidance systems in all tractors.
- We offer a lease-purchase program if you reach specific revenue and safety objectives.
- You can park away from a terminal when home, with approval of the safety department, but the tractor-trailer must stay hooked together.
- Drivers receive one week’s vacation pay after one year and two weeks after three years
- Six paid holidays after six-months employment.
- Health, vision and dental Insurance start on the first day of the month following 31 days of employment.
- Family coverage is $95-140 per week and single-coverage costs $45 per week.
- Pay starts at 27% of revenue, excluding fuel surcharge.
- There is a $5000 sign on bonus if you have more than a year of tractor-trailer experience and six-months of flatbed experience. (A $1500 sign on bonus is provided to experienced Tractor-trailer drivers that do not possess flatbed experience).
- Tarp pay is $40 per load, if you must tarp a load; there is no un-tarping pay.
- Tax-free per-diem payments.
- Breakdown pay of $100 per day
- There is a $3000 referral bonus if we hire an experienced flatbed driver you refer, paid in three installments.
- Low turnover rate.
- Assigned dispatchers for every driver.
- Regional or over-the road careers available.
- Advances are available.
- Pay is weekly and direct deposit is standard.
- There are safety bonuses, which are part of our “Drive for Gold” program.
- Driver pay averages .70 cents per mile and $65-85,000 per year, based on 27% of revenue.
Seven Ways to Increase Your Earnings Capacity
- Be reliable and you will receive the best paying loads, in an overwhelming number of cases.
- Be easy to work with
- Arrive early at stops and manage your time well, especially on Mondays
- Submit your paperwork on time
- Be a goodwill ambassador to our customers
- Communicate well with dispatch, especially when there are delays or you are running late.
- Use the satellite system to communicate so your driver manager and you aren’t tied up on the phone
- Drivers are home weekends 98% of the time unless they wish to stay out.
- All freight is no touch
- Non-forced dispatch: you are offered multiple loads to choose from and you select the load you want to haul
- Approximately 50% of all loads are pre-loaded and pre-tarped
- Pets and riders are permitted, but the rider must be at least 18 years old…..no exotic pets permitted…………you must run solo for a month before you can bring a rider with you
- Past criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- We primarily haul gypsum board, steel, lumber, insulation and building materials.
- P&S and its sister companies serve the 48 states
- 22% of our drivers have been with us for more than three years